Island WISE: Promoting Young Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Across Cape Breton Island
Welcome to week 3 of the
3 - min Science Camp
Our theme this week is
Meet Sara Evely
Sara Evely is working as a project coordinator with Pomerleau. For Sara, being a woman in construction is empowering, exciting and rewarding! Hope you get inspired by her motivating video
Activity 1 : Quiz
Complete the quiz and email us the screenshot of your score to email@example.com by Aug 22
Important Note: Guardian supervision is important for all activities. Follow internet safety rules.
ACTIVITY -2: Photo Scavenger Hunt
1. View the list of items from civil engineering included in this list. click here to see list.
2. Find as many items as you can and photograph them.
3. To win photograph at least 10 items and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Win a Pomerleau Swag bag if you are the first person to submit 10 items.
Important Note: Guardian supervision is important for all activities. Follow health and safety measures. Abide by all Covid related precautions and guidelines.
Activity 3 (optional)
RUBE GOLDBERG MACHINE/DEVICE
1. Watch the following videos.
Rube Goldberg: The TRASH Machine - YouTube
Simple Machines and the Rube Goldberg Challenge - YouTube
Sesame Street: Building Rube Goldberg Machines Compilation!
2. Gather some things from around your house that you can use for your Rube Goldberg project. Use these items and get creative. Try to find creative solutions for unique and complicated problems. This is a great thinking-outside-the-box activity.
The idea behind it is that, in engineering (and especially in project management / construction ) there is always problem solving and one needs to be coming up with creative solutions to unique complex problems.
3. Email us videos of your creation to email@example.com by Aug 22.
Important Note: Guardian supervision is important for all activities. Follow health and safety measures. Abide by all Covid related precautions and guidelines. Follow internet safety rules.